If you find it a challenge to identify the right weight lifting benches for your need then you are not alone. One of the most important equipment that you will want to carefully research before purchasing for your strength training goals is the weight bench which is usually available in big varieties from different manufacturers. A decent weight bench would allow you to comfortably train without damaging your muscles or without causing you injuries due to not having proper posture when lifting weight for workouts. A weight bench is perfect for a range of different workouts, with and without weights for which you may want to refer to relevant sources for further tips.
Below is a list of top 10 weight benches that you could select one from and this list is based upon the sales rank of each bench over at Amazon UK which is a preferred shopping destination for many. Pick the one that you believe would best serve your needs and you will be able to reach your strength training goals in no time.
Weight benches are available from different manufacturers and they are designed with different purposes in mind catering to the workout needs of different categories and groups of fitness enthusiasts. The majority of home gyms require equipment that would be compact to help save space. This is why those looking for workout benches would prefer going for folding weight benches that would serve their needs better.
Folding weight benches would themselves vary a great deal as they originate from different manufacturers who are well aware of demand for folding weight benches as people with workout needs would likewise have differing preferences when it comes to folding weight benches.
Here is a quick list of the top 10 folding weight benches to help you identify the right model to invest your money in.
Best Weight Benches 2018
- York bench press with 5 seat positions for workout versatility.
- Sit up bench goes from flat to 90 degrees
- This weight bench can be adjusted in seconds.
- Comfortable thick padded workout bench for dumbbell exercise, body weight workouts and backrest.
- Solid and durable tubular construction.
- This heavy-duty bench is well constructed with four position adjustable backrest (incline to decline)
- Features 5 position height adjustable seat and heavy duty 2-inch uprights
- Maximum load capacity of 200kg.
- Compatible with other York Fitness products such as the Arm Curl Pad and Lateral Tower Attachment
- Weight bench press and fitness equipment for Home exercise, strength training, gym weight lifting workout
- Roman chair for a comprehensive work upper body in total safety.
- Back support for the vertical rise of knees.
- 4, a single device: dips, Roman chair, pumps and pull-up exercises.
- 2 elbow pads with foam for comfort.
- Maximum user weight: 135kg.
- Multifunctional gym station for effective total upper body workouts to tone muscles and strengthen your core, arms, shoulders, chest, back and more. Designed for focussing on the upper body whilst engaging and working your whole body. Great addition to home gyms and for those wanting to build up strength at home.
- Wide range of low-impact workouts using your body weight across the multiple workout stations: Pull up Station, Push up Station, Dip Station and Ab Training. Perform dips, push ups, pull ups and wide pull ups, leg and vertical knee raises, trunk twists, reverse grip pull ups and more quality drills.
- Easy to use thanks to the self-assist support bar giving extra stability and confidence. Use the bar and the two steps to support and steady yourself on various drills. Multi-grip, padded bar to vary exercises with different grips to work muscles deeper.
- Sturdy, solid design with a heavy-duty base and non-slip floor pads for stable and secure exercising. Strong iron construction for a compact yet solid frame with a maximum user weight of 120kg (265lbs). Durable upholstery with padded support for arms and back for maximum comfort as you perform reps.
- High-quality, multi-station fitness equipment. Easy to assemble. No fixing to walls/floor needed. Product weight: 34kg (75lbs). Warranty: 2 Years. Dimensions: Length=148cm (58.2"), Width=103cm (40.5"), Height=208cm (81.8")
- Adjustable, Ergonomic Utility Bench; Robust and Durable Construction;
- Compact Design; Extra Stability During Workouts; 3-Position, Adjustable Seat; Warranty: 90 Days Parts and Labour;
- Decline, Flat, Incline, Military Bench Positions; Great for Abdominal Training; Exercise Chart Included;
- Can Be Used For Exercises Such a Bicep Curls, Triceps Bench Dips, Chest Flys, Shoulder Press, Back Rows, Decline Push Ups and Leg Lowers;
- 8-Position, Adjustable High-density Foam Backrest; Box Stitched and Sewn Seats; Dimensions: Length=127cm (50"), Width=58cm (22.8"), Height=140cm (55.1"); Product Weight: 21kg (46lbs); Weight Capacity: 277kg (610lbs); Max. User Weight: 136kg (300lbs)
- Butterfly arms for chest fly exercises
- Three position backrest and leg unit with foam rollers
- Barbell retaining hooks enable comfortable weight changes, keeping the bar in place
- Ideal for working the arms and chest muscle group, whether at the gym, house or garage use
- Conveniently and efficiently folds up to save space
- Multi function bench with 10 angles of incline / decline
- Converts into a sturdy abdominal sit up bench with ankle foam rollers
- This bench is ideal for barbell or dumbell chest press and core exercises
- Maximum User Combined Weight: 200kg
- Separate seat and back pad adjustment
- 5 position back pad adjustment
- Optional dip attachment available
- Multiple Adjustments from Incline, Flat to Decline Training Positions; Highest Quality Materials;
- Folds Completely Flat for Storage; Heavy Duty Rectangular and Round 11 Gauge Tubular Steel Frame;
- Two Tone Electrostatic Powder Coat Offers a Durable Maintenance Free Finish; Weight: 20kg (44lbs);
- Weight Capacity: 227kg (500lbs); Warranty (Home): Lifetime Frame and Parts and 90 Day Upholstery;
- Size: L (D)=130cm (51"), W (Footprint)=39.5cm (15.5"), H=102.5cm (40.5");
- Detachable Multi-Position Weight Bench. Multi-Position Adjustable Uprights. Removable Curl Yoke.
- Walk-in Squat Station, 6-Roll Leg Developer and a Rolled Preacher Pad. Safety Spotters.
- Olympic Leg Developer Weight Tube with Padded, 6-Foam Station. Max User Weight:136kg/300lbs
- Weight Capacity: 140kg(310lbs) on the Barbell. Size:L=211cm(83"),W=122cm(48"),H=149cm(58.5")
- Fits 7ft Bars. Weight: 63kg (139lbs). Warranty: 2 Yrs Parts/Labour (if Registered within 28 Days)
Types Of Weight Benches For Home Gyms
Weight benches can be of different types based on their features and size but they can broadly grouped into 3 main categories. Olympic weight benches, folding weight benches as well as adjustable weight benches.
Folding Weight Benches
While some may be okay with any foldable weight bench, you will find fitness enthusiasts and bodybuilders looking specifically for a range of folding weight benches including, a folding weight bench under bed, which they can store under their beds after use which would obviously require a bed with a good enough frame height to allow storage space underneath, a compact folding weight bench which does not occupy much space during use or when stored, a portable weight bench which can easily be carried and moved around, a stow away weight bench which can be pushed away into storage after use, a travel weight bench that may be good to travel along with without having to put a break to your workout routines, or a folding weight bench with rack to hold other fitness accessories such as weights, barbells and dumbells which are essential for effective workouts using weight benches.
Manufacturers from different countries seek to understand the needs of fitness experts in terms of what would make the right workout equipment for different types of exercises and the above list of top 10 folding workout benches is a result of what these manufacturers have managed to gather from feedback as being what the majority of weight trainers have shown demand for. You can find their ratings and reviews to give you an idea on how each of the above listed folding weight bench or folding workout bench as others like to refer to it as, would meet your specific workout needs.
Adjustable Weight Benches
Adjustable weight benches are weight lifting benches that can be adjusted to suit different types of workouts. So, instead of going for multiple weight benches with different inclines and backrests, you could be investing in just one that can be adjusted for different users and different workouts and exercises.
One of the things that make an adjustable weight bench important is lack of space where you intend to use it. Most home gyms are quite restricted in space which is why folding and adjustable weight benches of different designs and types prove extremely useful. However, you may obviously perhaps get the best result out of a rigid, sturdy and stable weight bench and when portability isn’t an issue as in the case of commercial premises or professional gyms requiring a variety of workout equipment, you may not necessarily find comfort with folding weight benches when you have plenty of space available for the best of their kind weight benches. In short, folding wight benches are ideal for home gyms when space is an issue.
It is important for people investing in a folding adjustable weight bench to be disciplined and follow a specific workout routine without fail. Anything that is foldable and that is stored away adds to the laziness of people trying to use it. So, you will find it easier for people to workout on weight benches that are already set up as opposed to locating where they have it stored and trying to setup before use. It is easier to procrastinate and affect your workout routine if you are not disciplined. However, folding weight benches are one of the best equipment that you could invest in to enhance your workouts and if you choose a comfortable bench that can handle the total weight of your body along with any weights that you intend to lift, then you will have the best of experiences possible.
Olympic Weight Benches
An olympic weight bench is more of a bench set that is designed for advanced users. It is wider and longer than normal weight benches and comes with a rack too so that you do not have to purchase it separately to store weights and barbells. You could use an Olympic weight bench for a range of different advanced workouts including the bench press.
So, Which Is The Best Weight Bench?
There are countless varieties of weight benches available but everyone seems to be after the best regardless of what their budget might be. This is why it becomes difficult to decide which is the best weight bench unless you consider all factors that you should be putting into consideration.
The best weight bench much be easy to setup and fold and should be easily done by one person. You should check the total weight that a folding weight bench can support before going for one as this is an important factor for safety. A folding weight bench that does not have too many small moving parts would be ideal as various injury risks can be eradicated. Read the installation booklet that comes along with your weight bench so you can install it correctly and use it as recommended to eliminate risks that could cause injuries. It should also come with manufacturers warranty so you can be sure it is guaranteed to work efficiently. Once you have invested in a decent weight bench, be it folding or otherwise, you will not feel the need to have to go for another one anytime soon.