Once reserved for hotels and offices, multigyms are becoming more and more popular and getting into many houses. That’s because people are starting to feel that over-crowding is off-putting for gyms and prefer having their own gym at home. If you think the same way, you must be wondering how practical these multi-function machines are and how to find the best multi gyms out there. If that’s the case, wear your gym clothes, get your towel and keep reading as we’re going to try to answer some fundamental questions in this article. What are multi gyms, how good are they and should you get one in your house?
If you are looking for the right multi gym to invest your money in when you are seriously considering taking your fitness and strength training goals to the next level, then you will need to be very careful. Below is a list of top 10 best selling multi gyms which should allow you to get an idea on what is available for your consideration.
Top 10 Best Multigyms For Home Use
Reviews and Ratings
Multi-station gyms or Multigyms are basically a bunch of gym tools combined into a single functional machine, on which you can perform a variety of exercises without having to leave the room.
Features and Specifications
- Perfect studio alternative with seperate butterfly, cable-pull and leg press modules
- Adjustable butterfly arms and leg curl function
- 100 Kg weight block (20 plates at 5 Kg each) with a max traction weight of 110 Kg
- Max user weight of 120 Kg (19 stone), 3 Year warranty, TUV and GS Certified to German quality standards (considerably superior to CE alone)
- Delivery to Mainland UK addresses only
- ✅ THE ULTIMATE CABLE MACHINE MULTI GYM! New design, better quality. Our wall mounted cable machine gym is perfect for setting up in your home gym or garage
- ✅ EXTRA TENSILE STRENGTH CABLES AND HEAVY DUTY PULLEYS INCLUDED! We've made our wall mount multi gym so that you can lift as much weight as you can/want without having to worry about it not being able to support it! With a high tensile strength cable you can be assured that your safety is secure and you'll never have to worry about snapping!
- ✅ SUPER SIMPLE, EASY TO FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS! All cable machines sold by us come with easy to follow instructions, perfect for DIYers and beginners to follow along with.
- ✅ PERFORM ALL KINDS OF EXERCISES! Whether you want to perform rows, tricep extensions, bicep curls, overhead extensions or any other exercise, our cable machine can accomodate for a variety of exercises!
- ✅ COMES WITH ATTACHMENTS! We've included a straight bar and a lat bar which is perfect for beginners and advanced weight lifters
- Heavy duty multi-position-able and fold-able Bench
- 20 kg Sand Filled Boxing Punch Bag
- Hi-density foam padded seat and back rest, Comfortable foam ankle rests.
- Powder Coated Steel Frame and 1.5 mm Main Tube Thickness
- We offer delivery to the U.K Mainland Only. This does not include the Scottish Highlands, Isles off the Coast, Ireland and Northern Ireland. Please contact us directly for further information regarding the delivery charges to your location.
- High weight capacity – suitable for people weighing up to 120 kg
- Multifunctional – adjustable backrest, leg rest and seat
- Durable steel design
- Comfortable – optimum padding
- High-quality workmanship
- Multi-functional home gym for more than 50 different exercises
- Devices which may be used for butterfly, bench press, arm-over-head pull, arm-behind-head pull, rowing, leg curl, double leg curl, bench crunch, push-ups, arm presses, knee pulls, leg pulls, standing biceps, standing triceps, various dumbbell exercises and much more
- Weight adjustment in small steps via socket pins
- Max User weight 100 KG
- 5 pieces Self-assembly.
- Hardcastle Bodybuilding Home Gym
- Suits all standard 1" hole diameter weights (19cm of usable space) - Also includes adaptors to allow fitment of 2" Olympic sized discs (14cm of usable space)
- Padded bench for comfortable training - Cable and bar for pull downs & rowing style exercises
- Strong design - Max weight discs: 100kg - Max user weight: 120kg
- Height: 181cm - Length: 120cm - Width: 62cm - Please note, tools required for assembly are not included.
- 150 kg maximum resistance. Low rowing. Triceps press. Ideal for creating your own home gym. Great alternative to having just a weight bench or weights. This multi-gym combines lots of exercises making it easier to work different muscle groups
- Let pull down. Single ratio cable Pulley system. Sturdy and durable construction cable crossover
- Multi-functional main frame: heavy-duty steel tube weight plates: PVC, cement. The item comes packed in 7 boxes so the home gym can be delivered easier. 6 boxes are weights and the third box is the main frame of the multi-gym. 1 year free warranty with gym on parts and labour
- Set up size: 256 w x 61 d x 206 H cm floor space: 4-5 ㎡ Max user weight: 100 kg total box weight: 211 kg Self-assembly. 8 pieces
- UK mainland delivery only
- Full body fitness: effective cardio, strength and flexibility training all with one collapsible home trainer. Two angles of use – Flat or incline – simply by attaching or removing the incline leg
- All-round results: sculpt, tone and define your body from head to toe in the comfort of your home. Uses just your own bodyweight for resistance, perfect for virtually any age or fitness level
- Three-in-one: combines a bodyweight gym, ab trainer and Pilates reformer all in one machine for incredible versatility
- Unique design for ultimate variety: almost limitless exercise options to keep your workouts fun and fresh every time. Patent-pending quad pad system can be fixed in multiple positions to target different muscle groups
- Heavy-duty construction: made with gym-quality steel, fit gym comes almost fully assembled. Can be collapsed down to just 30cm High for easy storage under the bed, against the wall or in a cupboard
- 66KG WEIGHT STACK. – This Multi-Gym comes with a huge 66KG weight stack so that as you progress in your fitness journey, your Multi-Gym can be brought along with you.
- BUILT FOR COMFORT. – The Body Sculpture Multi-Gym was designed with a huge focus on comfort, which is why it is built with with soft padded rollers and a fully padded vinyl seat. Exercising can be comfortable, let us prove it to you.
- BUILT FOR SAFETY. – We at Body Sculpture recognise how important safety is, especially when exercising. As a result of this there is a durable plastic cowling over the weight stack to ensure nothing interferes with your health or the longevity of your multi-gym.
- BUILT TO LAST. – Who wants to spend their money only to have to spend it again only a few months later? Nobody. Which is why this Multi-Gym is built with a premium, sturdy tubular steel construction. All to aid your equipment in living a long, healthy life.
- Features butterfly and bench press exercises
- Foldable seat. The multi-gym takes up very little space.
- The high pulley allows to work with latissimus bar. The low pulley provides leg exercises thanks to leg developer.
- Controlled exercise. Thanks to its exclusive guided work system, exercise can be done with maximum safety.
- Exercise control with a maximum tension of 70 Kg / 154 lbs. Ample weight for progressive training.
Pros and Cons of Home Multigyms
Multi Gyms are a debate subject among bodybuilding enthusiasts. Some consider them enough on their own, others disagree and find these tools weak compared to actual gyms. I’ve personally tried some of them during my bodybuilding journey, and I can summarize the pros and cons in the following:
- These machines are straightforward and easy to use, and it’s hard to get injured while using one
- You can do a variety of exercises for the entire body in a small area
- They don’t take much space compared to actual gyms, and you don’t need to leave your house to use one
- They’re enough to get you toned if you’re serious about working out
- They’re great for losing weight, especially when paired with running or HIIT workouts
- Although these machines allow you to perform many exercises, they’re still limited compared to gyms, and they are bulky and non-portable
- They can be over-priced, especially the non-commercial ones
- Some devices lack some features like the leg press machine, but the best multi gyms offer those as well
- You may get bored in a short while, especially if you’re training alone and there’s no one to motivate you
- You still can get injuries if you’re a newbie, for that you need to go through the best multi gyms and purchase a quality one
General Tips When Looking for Cheap Multigyms
If you decide to buy this kind of equipment, you must take your time and look for the best multi gyms. Once you put your eyes on some quality ones, here are some tips that will help you choose what better suits you:
- Remember to look for a machine that allows you to perform as many exercises as possible
- Look for a device that’s safe and has a low risk of injury
- Remember that every side of the equipment can be helpful in your program. Look for a multi gym that offers various side tools
- Try to train with a partner, even at home, as that will keep you motivated
- Along with the best multi gyms, you can also search for some free weights to enhance your home training experience and give you even more exercises to avoid boredom and to keep those muscles pumped.
How Good Are They?
As mentioned above, there’s a great debate going on around multi gyms. No one can give an absolute answer to that question, as it all depends on the results you’re seeking. The best multi gyms can give you the body you’ve been dreaming about. Non-quality ones can give you a bad experience. I’ve seen these machines in action and tried them, and honestly, you can get to your fitness goal if you’re serious about it. I highly recommend searching for the best multi gyms before purchasing though, as the quality differs, and so does the effectiveness. The best multi gyms will allow you to perform the must-do exercises, like bench press and squats, along with other activities, such as abs workouts, calf presses, and leg curls.
Commercial vs. Home Multigyms
Two aspects differentiate between commercial and home multi gyms: price and durability. The cost of home multi stations tends to be lower than those of commercial use. That’s because of the second factor, which is durability, as gym units are designed to last longer. That’s reasonable when you come to think of it. A gym machine is made to last and to be abused around the clock by gym attendees. If you’re on a tight budget, I recommend getting a home multi-gym. They’re cheaper and easier to come by in retail stores, as opposed to gym equipment that’ mainly available for bulk purchases.
Multigyms For Sale
Multigyms are expensive and they are rightly so due to their nature but there are always ways to pay less for them. One of the best options is to look for multigyms for sale from popular online stores as there are often sale prices on your favorite items for a certain period of time. If you are shopping for multigyms on Amazon then you can be assured of some of the best prices around.
Verdict: Should You Purchase A MultiGym?
In short: buy a multi gym if it’s enough for your goals and programs. Building muscles with a multi gym is possible, but that requires dedication and consistency. The same goes for regular gyms. Just keep in mind that you should avoid jumping on the first one you find. Instead, you need to search for the best multi gyms, either locally or online, then wisely choose between them.