There are many reasons why you would want to shop for a barbell weight set for your strenuous workout needs that include weightlifting. Gone are the days when barbells meant having to go for a fixed set that had a certain weight attached to it as nowadays, you get everything that you can customize to your own taste. When looking to shop for barbells, you should actually be aiming at going for a barbell bar together with an appropriate weights set.
Modern day barbell weights sets can also be used as dumbbells as all you would need to replace would just be the bar itself. If you go for a long bar, then you would be getting a barbell and if you choose to rather opt for a dumbbell to simplify your workouts then you would just need a shorter bar.
Barbell Weight Sets – Reviews and Ratings
If you need an idea on which barbell weight sets are popular in the UK for domestic or home users then the following list of best rated and bestselling varieties should be sufficient.
What To Look For In A Barbell Weight Set?
Okay, so you have decided that a barbell weights set would be what you would like to purchase however, you need some guidance on how to proceed going for the right deal. If you visit any popular online fitness store in the UK, you will find a good variety and this could excite you in the beginning but leave you wondering which one to pick when ready to place your order. So, what should you be looking for in a barbell weights set so that you end up only grabbing the best deal around?
Best sellers: Every store that deals in barbell weights sets will have lists of their best sellers, and these would usually indicate which ones are popular among weight lifters. You can therefore pick one from the those that are not only best sellers but also, those that have got numerous positive reviews and high ratings from previous buyers and users alike.
Reviews and Ratings: Always check how many total reviews a certain barbell weights set has received and look for the percentage of positive reviews. If you find numerous reviews and the majority have rated a barbells weights set mode 4 stars or higher, then you can be sure of going for the right product.
Prices: The most important consideration for you to make would be the price of the product that you purchase, and in this case, the price of a decent barbell weight set that has many positive reviews. It is important that you set a budget aside for this investment and an even more important thing would be to not rush into buying a cheap barbell weights set simply based on the amount of money that you may have at the time of purchase. Instead, research how much a decent piece of equipment costs and then save up for it.
Safety Factor: Barbells that you assemble yourself will need to be carefully checked before use so there are no lose weights that may drop off once you have lifted them. Look for a barbell weights set that has an appropriate locking mechanism in place to put all its different parts firm together.
Barbel Weight Set: Top 10 Bestsellers
- The dumbbell set includes two handles, four 0.5kg plates, four 1.25kg plates, four 2.5kg plates, 4 collars, and a extended bar.
- Strictly selected materials, free of phthalate and lead. Unique rubber O-ring anti-loose design
- Free connection steel tube to change dumbbell to barbell. Give you more functions to build up muscle. With the steel connection tube, you can add more weight plates from 4kg to 33kg (includes bar weight)
- Ergonomic designed knurled handle grip makes your hands more comfortable.
- 143mm wide hand grip part give more room for your hand to grip, making it easier to lift without bumping your wrists for doing certain exercises.
- DTX Fitness 30kg Bar & Weights Set
- Multi function bar with central connector - Can be used as 1 straight bar or 2 dumbbells
- Spinlock collars for easy adding/removal of weight plates - Suitable for a full range of exercises
- Vinyl coated weights protects floors from marks - Note: total weight includes bars & collars
- Set includes: 2x 50cm dumbbell bars, 1x 10cm bar joiner (joins dumbbells to make 1 long bar), 4x 1kg weight plates, 4x 1.5kg weight plates, 4x 2kg weight plates, 4x 2.5kg weight plates, 4x spinlock collars
- Hardcastle Bodybuilding 30kg Multi Purpose Bar & Weight Set - Adjustable weight - Simply add or remove weights as required
- 2 bars with central connector - Can be used as either 2 X dumbbells or 1 X long straight bar - Ideal for a wide range of exercises
- Textured bars for improved grip - Spinlock collars make adding/removing weights easy
- Non-marking 'floor friendly' vinyl coating - 30kg total weight inc bars (not 2x 30kg)
- Set includes: 4x spinlock collars, 2x 50cm dumbbell bars, 1x 10cm central connector (joins bars together to make 1 longer bar), 4x 1kg vinyl weight plates, 4x 1.5kg vinyl weight plates, 4x 2kg vinyl weight plates, 4x 2.5kg vinyl weight plates
- This set includes:
- 1 x 60"/150cm Solid chrome straight barbell = 5kg
- 2 x 1" Solid chrome spin lock collars = 0.5kg
- 4 x 10kg FXR Sports Weight discs
- 4 x 2.5kg FXR Sports Weight discs
- SOLID BARBELL - Our high quality chrome barbell is made from 2 pieces of solid steel giving a firm feeling in the hand. The bar can support weights up to 70kg.
- ESSENTIAL HOME GYM EQUIPMENT - Perfect home gym item, decide the weight you need and start to lift, press or curl. Buy additional weight plates in stages, as your muscles develop, to build your rubber barbell set.
- VINYL WEIGHTS - Built with concrete cement filling, our barbell set are encased with a protective vinyl coating designed to reduce noise and floor damage. Safe and durable, our weight lifting equipment is perfect for muscle development.
- VERSATILE - Use with other MuscleSquad items to intensify your workout, and to continue to learn new techniques and exercises. Our weight plates also have handles to make it easier to grip them, or for use in additional exercises making this the perfect barbell set.
- FREE EXERCISE CHART INCLUDED - With every purchase of our barbells, we include a bonus free exercise chart. Use our downloadable chart to create your weekly exercise plan. Print a copy to take with you to the gym, or to put it where you will see it every day!