Once reserved for hotels and offices, multi gyms are becoming more and more popular and getting into many houses. That’s because people are starting to feel that over-crowding is off-putting for gyms and prefer having their own gym at home. If you think the same way, you must be wondering how practical these multi-function machines are and how to find the best multi gyms out there. If that’s the case, wear your gym clothes, get your towel and keep reading as we’re going to try to answer some fundamental question in this article. What are multi gyms, how good are they and should you get one in your house?
If you are looking for the right multi gym to invest your money in when you are seriously considering to take your fitness and strength training goals to the next level, then you will need to be very careful. Below is a list of top 10 best selling multi gyms which should allow you to get an idea on what is available for your consideration.
Top 10 Best Multi Gyms
- Heavy-duty tubular steel frame with a lay-flat bench that folds upright for convenience when not in use
- Double-up, on-line cabling, weight resistance system provides a maximum of 64kg of resistance lets you get more out of your workouts
- Dedicated Bench Press, Pec Dec, Leg Unit & Lat Tower provides for a range of exercises targeting the arms, chest, legs, back, shoulder and thigh muscle groups
- Weight stack can be upgraded
- Deep padded backrests for added comfort
- High and low pulley system with let bar, dual function chest press/pec combination
- Thick padded seat and backrest, Protective cover around the weight plates for added safety
- Bench press, chest press, lat pulldown (front and back), pec dec, leg extension, back leg curls, upright rows exercise functions.
- Strong tubular steel upright frame with black coating.
- Overall dimension: 156L x 113W x 205H cm. Assembly Required.
- Heavy Duty Steel Frame
- 72kg of resistance Weights Included
- Works all major muscle groups
- Bench Press, Chest Press, Let Pulldown (Front and Back)
- Pec Dec, Leg Extension, Back Leg Curls,
- 150 lbs (Approx. 68 kg) weight stack for a varied workout. Ideal for creating your own home gym. Great alternative to having just a weight bench or weights. This multi-gym combines lots of exercises making it easier to work different muscle groups
- Thick padded seat and backrest etc., protective cover around the weight plates of the home gym for added safety
- High density foam padding on the multi Gym. The item comes packed in 3 boxes so the home gym can be delivered easier. Two boxes are weights and the third box is the main frame of the multi-gym. 1 year free warranty with gym on parts and labour
- Total Weight when assembled: 93.54 kg
- Delivery to mainland UK only - please call 03301240718 for other areas
- Heavy duty multi-position-able and fold-able Bench
- 20 kg Sand Filled Boxing Punch Bag
- Hi-density foam padded seat and back rest, Comfortable foam ankle rests.
- Powder Coated Steel Frame and 1.5 mm Main Tube Thickness
- We offer delivery to the U.K Mainland Only. This does not include the Scottish Highlands, Isles off the Coast, Ireland and Northern Ireland. Please contact us directly for further information regarding the delivery charges to your location.
- 66KG WEIGHT STACK. – This Multi-Gym comes with a huge 66KG weight stack so that as you progress in your fitness journey, your Multi-Gym can be brought along with you.
- BUILT FOR COMFORT. – The Body Sculpture Multi-Gym was designed with a huge focus on comfort, which is why it is built with with soft padded rollers and a fully padded vinyl seat. Exercising can be comfortable, let us prove it to you.
- BUILT FOR SAFETY. – We at Body Sculpture recognise how important safety is, especially when exercising. As a result of this there is a durable plastic cowling over the weight stack to ensure nothing interferes with your health or the longevity of your multi-gym.
- BUILT TO LAST. – Who wants to spend their money only to have to spend it again only a few months later? Nobody. Which is why this Multi-Gym is built with a premium, sturdy tubular steel construction. All to aid your equipment in living a long, healthy life.
- Material: Steel
- Assembly size: 150 x 99 x 204 cm
- Backrest size: 65 x 24 x 4 cm
- Seat size: 31 x 30 x 4 cm
- Seat height: 54 cm, Maximum user weight: 100 kg
- 68 kg/150 lbs solid vinyl weight stack with selector pin; 5 x 5 cm heavy gauge steel frame; 4 inch pulleys with sealed ball bearings
- High pulley system with let bar; low pulley system; dual function chest press/pec dec combination
- Leg extension with foam rollers for comfort; height adjustable arm curl pad; weight stack shroud for safety; 2.5 inch box stitched upholstery
- Maximum user weight capacity: 135 kg/300 lbs/21 stone; uses 2000 lb tensile aircraft cables for long lasting use; holds EN-957 & CE
- Assembled dimensions (L x W x H): 172 cm/68 inch x 91 cm/36 inch x 210 cm/82.6 inch; warranty: Lifetime frame, 3 years parts, 1 pads
- Combines a gym, seated leg press and dip/leg raise stations, features high and low pulleys, chest press/pec dec and leg developer
- Leg press is fully adjustable, max comfort while training with ergonomic upholstery, fold-up seat, lat and straight bar attachments
- Enhanced protection and safety whilst exercising, the use of bearings and CAMS guarantees an ultra smooth motion
- 75 kg/165 lbs solid vinyl weight stack generating 100kg/220 lbs of resistance, wider ground area enhances the stability massively
- Dims: Length: 174 cm (69 inch) x Width: 200 cm (79 inch) x Height: 212 cm (83 inch), max user Weight: 130 kg/287 lbs/20.4 stone, 2 years warranty
- Strong tubular steel upright frame with chip resistant Sandtex black coating
- Double-up cabling system provides up to 100kg resistance
- Independent action aerobic stepper with oversized, non-slip footplates
- Additional vertical knee raise (VKR) station
- Assembled dimensions L 188cm x W 131cm x H 214cm x Wt 112.0kg
Multi-station gyms or Multi Gyms are basically a bunch of gym tools combined into a single functional machine, on which you can perform a variety of exercises without having to leave the room.
Pros and Cons of Home Gyms
Multi Gyms are a debate subject among bodybuilding enthusiasts. Some consider them enough on their own, others disagree and find these tools weak compared to actual gyms. I’ve personally tried some of them during my bodybuilding journey, and I can summarize the pros and cons in the following:
- These machines are straightforward and easy to use, and it’s hard to get injured while using one
- You can do a variety of exercises for the entire body in a small area
- They don’t take much space compared to actual gyms, and you don’t need to leave your house to use one
- They’re enough to get you toned if you’re serious about working out
- They’re great for losing weight, especially when paired with running or HIIT workouts
- Although these machines allow you to perform many exercises, they’re still limited compared to gyms, and they are bulky and non-portable
- They can be over-priced, especially the non-commercial ones
- Some devices lack some features like the leg press machine, but the best multi gyms offer those as well
- You may get bored in a short while, especially if you’re training alone and there’s no one to motivate you
- You still can get injuries if you’re a newbie, for that you need to go through the best multi gyms and purchase a quality one
General Tips When Looking for the Cheap Multi Gyms
If you decide to buy this kind of equipment, you must take your time and look for the best multi gyms. Once you put your eyes on some quality ones, here are some tips that will help you choose what better suits you:
- Remember to look for a machine that allows you to perform as many exercises as possible
- Look for a device that’s safe and has a low risk of injury
- Remember that every side of the equipment can be helpful in your program. Look for a multi gym that offers various side tools
- Try to train with a partner, even at home, as that will keep you motivated
- Along with the best multi gyms, you can also search for some free weights to enhance your home training experience and give you even more exercises to avoid boredom and to keep those muscles pumped.
How Good Are They?
As mentioned above, there’s a great debate going on around multi gyms. No one can give an absolute answer to that question, as it all depends on the results you’re seeking. The best multi gyms can give you the body you’ve been dreaming about. Non-quality ones can give you a bad experience. I’ve seen these machines in action and tried them, and honestly, you can get to your fitness goal if you’re serious about it. I highly recommend searching for the best multi gyms before purchasing though, as the quality differs, and so does the effectiveness. The best multi gyms will allow you to perform the must-do exercises, like bench press and squats, along with other activities, such as abs workouts, calf presses, and leg curls.
Commercial vs. Home Multi Gyms
Two aspects differentiate between commercial and home multi gyms: price and durability. The cost of home multi stations tends to be lower than those of commercial use. That’s because of the second factor, which is durability, as gym units are designed to last longer. That’s reasonable when you come to think of it. A gym machine is made to last and to be abused around the clock by gym attendees. If you’re on a tight budget, I recommend getting a home multi-gym. They’re cheaper and easier to come by in retail stores, as opposed to gym equipment that’ mainly available for bulk purchases.
Multigyms For Sale
Multigyms are expensive and they are rightly so due to their nature but there are always ways to pay less for them. One of the best options is to look for multigyms for sale from popular online stores as there are often sale prices on your favorite items for a certain period of time. If you are shopping for multigyms on Amazon then you can be assured of some of the best prices around.
Verdict: Should You Purchase A Multi Gym?
In short: buy a multi gym if it’s enough for your goals and programs. Building muscles with a multi gym is possible, but that requires dedication and consistency. The same goes for regular gyms. Just keep in mind that you should avoid jumping on the first one you find. Instead, you need to search for the best multi gyms, either locally or online, then wisely choose between them.